Do you enjoy meeting, talking and working with other people?
Are you keen to encourage equal opportunities?
Do you have an interest in finding out about human behaviour?
Health and Social Care is one of the largest employment sectors in the UK and opportunities are buoyant.
This course will give you an understanding of how health and Social Care services work. You will learn about the care needs of a wide range of people of all ages and from all backgrounds and will be able to put your new skills into practice during your work placement.
On completion of this programme you will have a nationally recognised qualification which can lead to a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. Some students may decide they wish to specialise in other care-related areas such as childcare and can discuss these options at interview.
Level 2 Diploma in Care
Northern Council for Further Education & Council for Awards in Children’s Care and Education (NCFE | Cache)
6 months to 1 year
Topics you will cover include :
- Human Lifespan development
- Effective Communication in Health & Social Care
- Healthy Living
- Human Body Systems and Care of Disorders
- Child Development and Observation
- The Impact of Nutrition on Health and Wellbeing
- Health & Social Care Values
- Creative & Therapeutic Activities
- Equality & Diversity
- Social Influences on Health & Wellbeing
- Assessment is continuous, with assignments, projects and practical work.